Make This Dinner For the Best Sleep of Your Life
Let’s be real: when it comes down to it, having a quality 8 hours of sleep is one of the best feelings in the entire world. As we get older, getting just one night of uninterrupted rest feels harder and harder to come by.
That’s why we were beyond-excited when we came across this recipe. It combines healthy ingredients like whole wheat pasta, vegetables, and chicken to form a snooze-inducing dinner that’s both tasty and healthy to boot. Get the sleep you deserve! No meditation or sleeping pills required.
Why does this make you snooze? The combination of complex carbohydrates from the pasta keep you full, while the protein from the chicken and other ingredients increase levels of tryptophan, easing you into that good night.
- ½ pound whole wheat spaghetti of your choice
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ teaspoon paprika
- ¾ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 chicken cutlets
- ½ cup raw broccoli
- ½ cup raw spinach
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 6 garlic cloves
- Finely grated parmesan and lemon wedges to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water (about 3 cups) until al dente. Drain well.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, a dash of paprika, and the Italian seasoning. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and saute evenly until the skin in crispy brown. Remove and chop into bite-sized pieces on the side.
- Add the garlic to a separate saute pan with the olive oil and saute until fragrant. Add the raw broccoli and spinach and saute evenly. Add the pasta and mix together with the tomato sauce. Cover with a lid and turn off the heat.
- Remove pasta and pour into a bowl. Add the chopped chicken and stir together evenly. Add additional seasonings of your choice, along with the sliced lemon. Add parmesan last and set.
Note: When planting, make sure you distribute pasta and veggies evenly.